Saturday, May 9, 2009
I thought that it would be appropriate, on the eve of Mother's Day, to take a moment to make a list of some of the reasons I love being a Mom. To the 4 people who might be reading this, Happy Mother's Day to you and if you're not someone's Mama, Happy Flowery, Sunny Sunday to You! Here's my list, I could add more, but I'm afraid I'll max out my word count.
10. Hearing my girls yell "Mommy" when I walk through the door at the end of a crazy commute and longish, but rewarding day at work - and the hugs around my legs that I welcome, every.single.time.
9. Seeing my girls together at random times, usually very loving with each other and always together if they're awake - I honestly think the best gift we could ever give them is each other
8. The sweet hugs that Little G gives me when I tuck her in at night, one of the best ways to end my day
7. Both girls are very sweet by nature, very affectionate and cuddlers - I get more hugs and kisses without asking for them - it's fantastic
6. Watching Ms.J grow into a fearless, independent young lady - ready to take on the world, not just fall behind a leader of the pack.
5. The family moments we share with the girls in our room, on our bed, playing or talking or wrestling - just the sweetest moments of silliness
4. The girls big green eyes, long eyelashes and their right cheek dimples - they are so much more than their pretty faces, but damn I really love looking at them!
3. That my girls are happy, giggly, silly little buggers that are S-M-A-R-T, they really are brilliant
2. I feel lucky that I was chosen to be their Mommy, I couldn't imagine my children being any different than they are - I want to do whatever I can to make sure that never changes. I am so proud that they are mine.
1. Because of him - the best Daddy I could have ever dreamed of for my kids