Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Things we do in the car.....

So yesterday I took my Littles with me to run some errands, drop some clothes off to a single mommy and just get out of the house. We were on a 2 lane road, going over an old bridge behind a friggin' STREET SWEEPER - Ms.J from the backseat says "boy these people just don't know how to drive and why is that guy doing that during the day when everybody has somewhere to go?" Giggling at her rather astute observation, I redirected her to the folks kayaking below us on the river and to the 2 other bridges that were on either side of us. We finally pass the street sweeper, pull up to the light and I hear this "MOM! Why is that girl brushing her teeth in the car? You aren't supposed to do that! Where will she spit? Does she have water to rinse her toothbrush off?" Just as I look over at the toothbrushing, Prius driving (tell me you're not surprised by this)20-something she cuts someone off to pull into a gas station - toothbrush sticking straight out of her mouth. I just sighed and said something to the effect of "we can't make choices for other people sweetheart, we just have to hope they know what they're doing" to which her reply is "well I know that what she's doing is DIS-GUS-TING". My thoughts exactly. God I love that girl.

1 comment:

Rich and Amber Elliott and our fabulous kiddos said...

LOL! that's awesome... what smart girls you have ;)