Friday, October 17, 2008

If anyone is reading this, PLEASE help if you can

I am relatively new to this whole blogging thing, but I have met some pretty cool chicks who have remarkably great ideas and the ability to reach tons of people with their blogs. I certainly don't mean to imply that I do that, but I aspire to do that one day. I have been completely wrapped up in my own universe over the past few weeks, trying to prepare for our move to Dallas - but I checked a friend's blog this morning while having my coffee and was stunned. I cannot explain to you the fear I feel and the problem I'm having breathing while I'm typing. This simply CANNOT happen.

Right now I am doing the only thing I can think of to help a friend of mine - she is one of the kindest, most thoughtful women I've never met. She is spunky and hilarious and unbelievably creative. BUT, this really isn't about her persay - it's about her daughter. My friend Lisa has a beautiful daughter Marielle, her Sunshine Girl, that is currently in END Stage kidney failure and yes it means exactly that. Her family has been tested, they are now moving to friends to be tested but time is running out. I cannot stand the panic I feel when I think of what will happen. I want to protect this family and I feel fierce when I say that.

What do I want to happen? I would love for someone to make the decision to be tested and be a match for Marielle, it's very simple. I want my friend's daughter to be better than okay - I want her to be a normal teenage girl who gets her life back. I cannot currently be considered due to blood pressure issues and the medication I take, or I would put my kidney where my mouth is and hand deliver it to Philadelphia.

Here's the contact information: If you would like to find out more about being a kidney donor to Lisa's 15-year-old daughter, Marielle Carroccio, please contact Joann Palmer of Children’s Hospital of Philadephia at (215) 590-2449.

You can read more about Lisa and Marielle on her blog: The Domestic Diva (she's on wordpress - thedomesticdiva.wordpress.com) - still can't figure out the damn link business.

From my heart and my hope and my faith that this will happen for Marielle, I pray that this will happen - please add them to your Prayer List if you have one, I would really appreciate it and I know they would too.

No comments: