Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Seriously, how much more?

Normally, I try to have a "God does not give you more than you can handle" outlook - but I have to tell you, the big man and I need to have a heart to heart. In my house, I live with my husband and 2 daughters, all three of whom have Type 1 Diabetes. Collectively, there are 15 shots a day, 14-18 finger pokes to check their blood sugar and constant adjustments to dosages. This is ALOT to handle everyday. Not to mention all of the extra drs. appointments, prescriptions and extra money that seems to fly out of our account every month for the "out-of-pocket" portion of the show.
NOW, my youngest, Little G, is showing signs of Celiac Disease - where your body cannot tolerate gluten of any kind. It does damage to the stomach, the esophagus and can cause lots of problems if it goes untreated. We're hoping to get in for the bloodtests today, and of course we don't want bad news, but not knowing is messing with my mood (of course PMS isn't helping matters either, yeah for Mother Nature), my sleep and it makes me cry everytime Little G tells me her tummy hurts.
Sorry for the rant, but I'm on overload right now and I'm a little overwhelmed.

No comments: