Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Here's to Christmas Eve

Tonight I will be, for the first time in 12 years of marriage, spending Christmas Eve with my in-laws - all of them. I'm excited for this new to me tradition and I want to make sure that my girls enjoy being part of this side of the family. Wayne has 3 sisters, 2 of whom live in the greater Dallas area. My mother-in-law lives in Vegas and is spending Christmas here in Texas - the littles are so comfortable with their 2 aunties & uncles that live nearby and their grandma that it will be an easy going evening. My other sister-in-law and her hubby are coming from Houston and to say they don't care for children in an understatement. She has only been around Ms.J once, 2 years ago and has never acknowledged Little G. I'm a bit torn on if I should try to keep them away from these 2 or let them be children and then these adults can do their thing. We're doing chili and tamales for dinner and because of the girls I'll be able to escape early if need be - bedtimes and Santa and all.
On a side note, I had a very brief catchup conversation with one of my dearest friends today and she told me some very special news.....she and her special guy are getting married - it's official! The date has been picked and the planning is in full swing. I cannot express how happy I am that the wheels are in motion, this is one wedding that I have been looking forward to. She has also asked Ms.J to be a flower girl - which I know she will LOVE! I love great news, the more the merrier - especially at the holidays and as this year comes to an end. To have something so special to look forward is a gift unto itself. Congrats to them!
Happy Christmas Eve and Merry Christmas to everyone - may Santa be good to you and your families. Much Love....

No comments: