Sunday, March 22, 2009

Posts I wish I had written

The past 5 months, since we made the move to Texas has put be in a bit of a spin out. I get what I need to get done (most of the time anyways), but we've had some pretty major changes take place in our lives, besides the obvious. Since I've been in such a blogging funk, I thought I could at least make a list of the posts I wish I'd done, maybe I'll feel better after it's out of my head....here's to trying!

1. I cannot say how happy I am that my family is back under the same roof again - that is what the goal was with this move and it has happened and I don't think my hubby will ever know how happy that makes me.

2. My mom is an angel, that's all I really need to say.

3. I have found my creative groove again - photography, scrapbooking, creating custom invites are pouring out of me.

4. I now have 3 - yes THREE diabetics in my household. I cannot say enough about the need to find the cure for this horrible, awful damn disease. 14 shots a day in one house is a bit much, wouldn't you say?

5. Because of it's "not ever going away" presence in my house, I am now doing whatever I can as a volunteer and hopefully someday employee at the JDRF. I'm mad as hell and I'm not taking it anymore.

6. I love, love, love this photographer's work - every.single.piece - http://www.irenesuchocki.com/ - go check her out, seriously.

7. Ms. J's new preschool is awesome, it is full of love and affection (NOT inappropriate)and she is so happy to go. They welcomed us with open arms and never once did they hesitate when I asked if they could handle a diabetic child - now they want to know if Little G will be there next year, since they'll be pros at that point. How did we get so lucky! AND did I mention that Ms.J is already learning to sound words out and can identify all upper and lower case letters?

8. My best friend who just gets me... ALWAYS calls me on March 4th, without fail, every year for the past 15 years...just to see how I'm doing. She remembers without any prompt that this is the worst day of the year for me...remembering the day my dad passed is still hard for me.

9. Facebook is like crack in that it is instantly addictive - but there are so many bonuses and "feel goods" that come from this naughty little addiction....I have reconnected with my best friend from high school, caught up with other friends from different points in my life and learned a lot about the area I live in.

So there you have the list....I feel like a weight is off my back...but why couldn't it have been taken off my arse??? Geez....LOL

No comments: